Sunday, May 16, 2021

"My" road bike, built 1986...

Spent the week at Scott Paisley's framebuilding workshop in VA the summer of 1986. I literally slept in a hammock hanging between pine trees, just behind his cabin. During the days I would work alongside Scott, in the evening eat dinner with his family. Then crash.
By the end of the week I had a presentable frameset. A few extra days of finish work and she was ready to send to Franklin Frameworks for a coat of Imron.
So, what you see before you is the result of that work, original paint still, most of the Campagnolo parts came off of a Raleigh Pro I'd bought off of David Austin (a big Charlottesville bike nut), some parts were swapped out or added later. Bar tape is original too!
It's a mix of Columbus SL/SP, Henry James lugs. Quite a lot of extra work went into the fully internalized cable routings, and the wishbone rear end.

No comments: