Saturday, January 23, 2016

Filofax Pocket Cuban leather Credit Card Slip...

Got a new Pocket Cuban in the mail yesterday courtesy of a deal with Mark. Thanks Mark! I couldn't see myself paying $10+ for a plastic CC slip for it, so I decided to make my own from a leather scrap. I used double-sided Carpet Tape for the construction. It turned out OK. See pics below. Holds 2 CC's easily per slot, 3 if necessary. The side view of the slip installed in the Cuban shows that the slip just clears the inside of the pen holder. Since I seldom carry a pen there, that was deliberate on my part as the clasp prevents any possibility of a CC slipping out. The cards have plenty of resistance when inserting or removing them anyway, so that won't be an issue. Time will tell how well the pocket will hold up, but that Carpet Tape is pretty tenacious!! Next up, making a (mythical) Leather change/note wallet ;-)